21 reasons to church plant
Kevin Bartlett, leader of Cristo Salvador Madrid, gives us his top 21 reasons why we should go church planting:
- Church planting is doing what Jesus told us to do – Matt 28:19.
- Church planting is a great way of producing new leaders.
- Church planting more effectively reaches new neighbourhoods and social groups.
- Church planting is a healthy way to create gaps in sending churches for other members to grow into.
- Go church planting, see the world and meet new people.
- Church planting is a sure way to learn what it means to depend on God.
- Church planting, being faced with new challenges & cultures, often leads to greater innovation.
- Church planting, statistically, seems to be the most effective form of evangelism.
- Church planting is essential simply to maintain the ratio between churches and an expanding population.
- Church planting creates a tight-knit community that is on a mission together. Church as it should be.
- Go church planting and watch your own children engage directly with God’s great mission to a fallen world.
- Church planting is key to reach people cross culturally.
- Go church planting and you will have an unforgettable adventure, both with God and with friends.
- Church planting means that every member starts to carry new responsibilities. The body in action.
- Go church planting and, when faced with new challenges, you will start to utilise dormant gifts and capabilities.
- Church plant is very New Testament. Acts 11:21-26.
- Church planting causes both sending church and the sent to look out to a fallen, lost world.
- Church planting is a great environment for Christians to grow and mature.
- Church planting can rejuvenate more established churches.
- Church planting is partnering with God to create something from nothing.
- Go church planting and leave behind a legacy.
Enough said! Let’s go to it … check out the church planting page for a list of where Commission is hoping to church plant next.